Our compression products are available to anybody who could benefit from them. We do cater to cancer survivors, however, anybody who would benefit from compression therapy can come and visit our shop for their compression needs.
Our certified compression fitters provide the highest level of professional care and expertise for both men and women. If you are looking for Medical Grade (or prescription) compression you have found the right place! Additionally, by providing you with a fitting experience, we can provide styles, education, and individualized care that will help you make informed choices about the many specialty compression products available. We carry compression socks, compression stockings, compression leggings, compression sleeves, compression arm sleeves, compression wraps (or wound wraps), among others.
Here are some of the great compression garment options we carry:
- 15-20 mmHg stockings in the following lengths Knee High, Thigh High, Leggings, Pantyhose
- 20-30 mmHg stockings in the following lengths Knee High, Thigh High, Pantyhose
- 30-40 mmHg stockings in the following lengths Knee High, Thigh High, Pantyhose
- 15-20 mmHg arm sleeves
- 20-30 mmHg arm sleeves
- 30-40 mmHg arm sleeves
- Compression wraps
- Compression garments such as shirts and tank tops, bike shorts, capris and leggings.
Coupled with our expertise, our extensive product line includes items from the leading manufacturers of compression garments, and we can meet the needs of almost every person who is in need of compression therapy. In addition to our selection of stockings and sleeves we carry a full range of accessories to make these products easier to don and comfortable to wear.
How Compression Therapy Works
Graduated or gradient compression stockings and sleeves work in two ways to improve circulation and reduce swelling:
- First, the compression supports the walls of your veins. This improves the efficiency of the valves which return the blood through your body.
- Second, the “squeeze” in a graduated compression garment is most firm at the bottom and reduces toward the top of the garment. This difference creates an effective pump which works with the movement of your muscles, pushing fluid and blood back up through the body. Returning the fluids and blood through the body in an efficient manner allows new, nutrient-rich fluids into your feet, legs, or arms, keeping you and your skin healthy.
Compression Product Brands We Carry:
Mariposa is a great, competent and friendly company that I am very happy to be doing business with. I have ordered 5 pair of custom compression stockings from them that I have been very happy with. They are so accommodating and timely. The stockings I order arrive within a few days from the order date. I don't know how they do it! Keep up the good work!
After having a bilateral mastectomy, Lori and her staff were so gracious and caring. Never once did I feel uncomfortable as they assisted with my prosthesis. They truly do care about the well being of others in transition.
In order to assure a fitter is available to provide you with individual attention, we ask that you schedule an appointment for mastectomy, compression and wig fittings. For items covered under an insurance plan we will also be verifying your insurance information and collecting documentation from your physician prior to your appointment.
We are a contracted provider for Medicare and Medicaid, as well as many private insurance companies. Coverage by insurance is available for many of our products but does vary depending on your plan. It is imporant to note that Medicare does NOT cover compression as a medical necessity with the one exception of compression wraps needed for wound care. Prior authorizations are sometimes required which can take several days. Additionally, deductibles and co-insurance apply with most plans.